If you’re hoping to study or work in the United Kingdom, you will need to make sure that your documentation is in order.

Studying Abroad in the UK – What You Need to Know

Tuesday 17 December, 2013

Studying abroad can be one of the most exciting experiences any young person can take part in. It allows you to see new places and meet new people, all while getting a world-class education.

But, if you’re hoping to study or work in the United Kingdom, you will need to make sure that all of your documentation is in order. This means getting it professionally and accurately translated if you are not from an English-speaking country. Arriving in a country without the correct documentation can be nothing short of disastrous. Romo specialises in certified translations services to make sure that students are completely prepped and ready when arriving in the UK so they can enjoy their stay without the stress.

Why Study in the UK

With four of the top six universities in the world, it is no wonder that students all over the globe are packing up their bags and moving to the UK. London, in fact, attracts double the amount of students than any other country. The quality of British education is recognised by employers and academics worldwide and has always been highly respected. UK courses are also typically shorter than most, which can reduce tuition fees and the cost of accommodation.

If you’re scared of not fitting in, remember that life in the UK can be as culturally diverse as it is foreign. According to their latest census, over 100 different languages are spoken in every borough throughout London. This promises any visitors a wealth of experience and learning.

What You Will Need

Studying abroad requires a lot of foresight and planning before you can finally settle into your UK abode. Experts suggest getting your paperwork sorted as soon as possible to avoid any hassles later on in the process.

As most will know, British institutions may require an English version of your academic certificates, school reports, degrees or diplomas, academic references, applications and more. If you, or your student comes from a non-English speaking country you will generally need the help of a translations agency to do this.

Once you have been accepted by a university, it is also important to remember that a student living outside of Europe will need a tier four student visa when entering the UK. You can apply for this at the Home Office UK Border Agency at least two months before you travel to ensure that you have it in time. This is why it is absolutely crucial to apply early to a university and have all your paperwork ready and translated.

Finally, you need to ensure that you will be financially secure when going overseas as this will influence whether or not you will get a visa and also how comfortable your life will be in the United Kingdom.

How We Can Help

Romo is a certified translations agency, which means that we are able to provide universities and students with certified translated copies of any important official documents. If you are a student hoping to travel abroad, a university recruiting foreign students, or a visa office looking to help out, Romo Translations has you covered.

The United Kingdom is now welcoming Romanians to work and study, and here at Romo Translations we are delighted because it means that we can help more people than ever before. We do language translations for both Romanian and Turkish languages. Contact us for assistance with documents in these or any other languages. Let us do the work so you can enjoy the experience of a life time- just don’t forget your coat!

0203 696 8680

Submit your translation project for a quick cost effective quote...




Translation Subject

Your Details